Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Confusing layout

      The Pilgrim is becoming slightly confusing for me to read because the story is constantly bouncing back and forth between Pilgrim’s time at the mental hospital and Jung reading Pilgrims journals. After a while this becomes very confusing and sometimes you don’t know what is going on. However, this is the writing style Timothy Findley is known for. All his work is very far fetched and, in a sense, wild. In the same way this book is confusing to me I also find it very interesting, I love the writing style and the way the book is laid out. To understand it the reader must follow along very carefully or they will lose track of what is happening. Although this book is confusing and has many different smaller stories in it, it is a very gripping novel, and the premise is very interesting to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment